Thursday, August 4, 2011

Ground Beef Satay Wraps

I can't believe I haven't posted this yet! Or maybe I have and I just can't find it? Either way: make these pronto.



They are super easy, and even easier if you have an almost-empty-jar of peanut butter.

Ingredients:

1/2 c. beef broth (not the whole can- I made that mistake once)
1/3 c. smooth peanut butter
2 tea. cornstarch
1 tbl. vegetable oil
1 tbl. ginger
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. ground beef
1 c. shredded carrots (I only had baby carrots, so I threw them in a food processor for a bit)
1/4 c. thinly sliced green onion
2 tbl. soy sauce
Boston lettuce leaves
chopped peanuts (opt)

In a jar with a lid (or small tupperware container) combine broth, peanut butter, and cornstarch. Shake well to blend and set aside. In skillet, over med/high heat, cook oil and add ginger & garlic. Cook 30 sec. Add beef and brown for 5 mins. Shake sauce and pour into skillet. Cook for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat and stir in carrots, green onion, and soy sauce. Served wrapped in lettuce leaves with peanuts.




No comments: