Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Momma's Green Beans

One Sunday night for Sunday Night Dinners at my parent's house, my Mom started messing with the green beans. As I was really hoping my 4 yr olds were going to devour the green beans, I got a bit worried. She was making them pretty fancy. Preschoolers tend to shun the fancy-fare. (hi, chicken nuggets)

Much to my amazement, the fancified green beans were the first things off the plate. Of course, I had to get the recipe:

Green Beans (steamed to slightly crisp)

Saute minced garlic in olive oil, add celtic sea salt, (I may try with just regular salt- I'm not that fancy yet)  fresh ground pepper, dried parsley.

Add green beans immediately after steaming into fry pan with hot olive oil (guessing about 1/4 cup - depending on how many green beans).  Add 1/4 stick of butter or margarine.  Toss until butter is melted.  Serve.

No comments: