Saturday, September 28, 2013

Honey Banana Muffins

You guys! I am sorry for all the banana and muffin recipes. Except that I'm not. I have a lot of bananas that keep going bad. This recipe was especially epic. So much so, that I demand you try it. I may pop in some oats or flaxmeal, just to punch up the nutrition. I froze some of them (the ones I didn't inhale immediately) and really hope they hold up well in the freezer for lunch packing. Update: they were divine thawed.

3 very ripe bananas
1/3 cup honey (creamed or liquid is fine)
1/4 cup  oil
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
Preheat the oven to 375F.
In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the honey, oil, egg and vanilla. Add the flour, soda and salt.
Divide the batter among 10-12 paper-lined muffin cups, filling them almost full, and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden and springy to the touch. 

No comments: