Saturday, September 28, 2013

Banana Pumpkin Muffins


By now you should have gathered that I will put pumpkin into anything. Seriously pumpkin makes everything better. Because I am a tortured desert dweller who gets overly excited about the appearance of all things fall. I also cannot throw away bananas. I had FIVE gone-bad bananas, and I was buying new bananas, and I didn't want the bad ones contaminating the old ones- you know that's a thing, right? It's awful. I made two batches of different banana related muffins. Because I am crazy. In any event, I did modify this recipe heavily. I also HAAAAATE when recipes include "pinch" as a measurement. That is stupid, everyone stop it. 
You can add a few walnuts on the top if that is your pleasure. It would be a nice crunch, but I did not have any nuts on hand. I am nuts, but have no nuts. Go figure. On with the recipe! 

1st bowl:
2 c. flour
1 tbl baking soda
1/2 tea salt
1/4 tea. nutmeg
1/4 tea. cinnamon
1/4 tea. ginger

2nd bowl:
1 c. brown sugar
1/4 c softened butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (2-3 bananas)
1 c. pumpkin puree
2 overflowing tbl plain yogurt
1 tea. vanilla

Combine the stuff in first bowl, then set aside. Cream together the butter & sugar, adding eggs one at a time, then the bananas & pumpkin. Add yogurt and vanilla, beat to smooth. Pour into muffin tins and bake at 375 for 20-25 mins. 

No comments: