Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Black Bean Quesadillas

Yes, ok! I like black beans! So obviously I had to try this, and it was easy enough, plus the kids ate it without much mess.




  • 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
  • 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese- I could only find a white "mexican style" shredded cheese bag, it worked just fine
  • 1/2 cup prepared fresh salsa, divided- I used whatever was on sale
  • 4 8-inch whole-wheat tortillas
  • 2 teaspoons canola oil, divided
  • 1 ripe avocado, diced (I can never pick a good one, so I skipped this- totally optional)

  • Combine beans, cheese and 1/4 cup salsa in a medium bowl. Place tortillas on a work surface. Spread 1/2 cup filling on half of each tortilla. Fold tortillas in half, pressing gently to flatten.

  • Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 quesadillas and cook, turning once, until golden on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and tent with foil to keep warm. Repeat with the remaining 1 teaspoon oil and quesadillas. Serve the quesadillas with avocado and the remaining salsa.

    No comments: