Monday, September 7, 2009

Thumbprint Cookies

Awesome! I think I found the recipe. I went back in the archives- and yes, it was a kid's magazine that held my special recipe... but they have since changed it in the archives to a no-bake recipe. Nooooo! So I think this is it. I remember using shortening. Yummy!

1/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. shortening
1/4 c. butter
1/2 tea. vanilla
1 egg
1 c. flour
1/4 tea. salt
jam- raspberry is my favorite

Mix brown sugar, shortening, butter, vanilla & egg in a bowl. Stir in flour and salt until dough holds together.

Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Place on un-greased cookie sheet and press thumb deeply into the center of each cookie.

Bake at 350 about 10 minutes or until light brown. Cool on a rack about 30 minutes. Fill thumbprints with jelly.

Makes about 3 dozen (so give some to your neighbors!)

No comments: