Monday, September 3, 2012

Butterfinger Cake

I am making my little brother's favorite dessert today, and realized I do not have it on here! I have to haul out my recipe box and get the hardcopy! (astonishing!) So here is the gooey, chocolately, Butterfinger-y favorite dessert of my favorite brother. Do enjoy it.

1 box devil's food cake mix
1 can sweetened, condensed milk
1 jar caramel ice cream topping
1 tub Cool Whip
8 Butterfinger bars

Place the candy in the freezer and bake the cake according to the instructions on the box. When the cake comes out, let it cool a bit and in a small bowl combine the condensed milk and caramel. Lightly stab the cake and pour the milk mixture on top. Refrigerate for at least an hour, while the milk and caramel absorb into the cake. In a large bag, place the cool candy and smash it to a crumble. Cover the cake with Cool Whip, sprinkling crumbled candy on top. Put back in the fridge for 45 minutes.

No comments: