Wednesday, September 14, 2011

His Favorite Chocolate Chip Cookies

On random nights, The Husband gets a serious hankering for chocolate chip cookies. Most of the time I just google "chocolate chip cookie recipe" and use whatever comes up. I don't have time to catalog and bother with cookie recipes- I can never tell a difference anyway. Well, after making this particular batch, The Husband exclaimed that I must bookmark this recipe ASAP. So I am. They were pretty yummy. They tasted a little vanilla-y to me, but The Husband loved it. So here you go.



  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I usually half this) 
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts (optional) 


  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F 
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned


I thought it was odd to dissolve the baking soda, but it worked just fine! I also didn't have all the chocolate chips I needed- being last minute on the cookies, I only used 1 c. mini chips and it worked just fine. 

No comments: