Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Carrot Oat Muffins

This one is a real winner. Of course I modified the recipe, and in the future, I will add more oats and flour. (After a second try, maybe I overdid the flour) I opted to forego dirtying up my food processor and did a fine shred on the carrots, then just mixed it all up. The texture was just fine. The flavor! It's vegetables that taste delicious! The original suggests that the carrots you can buy prebagged and shredded can be used. In that case, maybe throw it in the food processor for a couple spins.


2 1/2 c. grated carrots
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. applesauce
1/3 c. oil (I used coconut oil)
1 egg- whisked
1 c. flour 
1/2 c. rolled oats 
1/2 tea. baking soda
1/2 tea. salt
1/2 tea. cinnamon
1/2 tea. nutmeg
1/4 tea. baking powder

Preheat oven to 350. Prepare a muffin pan.
Mix together the carrots, brown sugar, applesauce, oil, and egg. In a separate bowl mix the flour, oats, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking powder. Then combine with the carrot mix. Distribute into muffin pans evenly and bake for about 20 mins.

No comments: